Friday, November 8, 2013

Butterfly wings

This morning G noticed the picture of Gabbie on my dresser. 

G: is that a sleeping baby mommy?
Me: yes that's Gabbie. 
G: Gabbie? But I thought Gabbie was a butterfly. 
Me: she visits us as butterflies but she once was a baby.
G: how did she change? 
Me: well when she went to heaven she became an angel who comes to visit us as butterflies. 
G: yes mommy that's right. Gabbie is an angel in heaven and she's got beautiful wings like butterflies. 
Me: yes baby. That's right. 

I sometimes forget G is only 3. She is so wise and so innocent. 

Just after this conversation I put on a coat I've warn nearly everyday for the last two months. Every day. I reach into the pockets to take out my keys, my phone change. This morning I reached in and pulled out this : 


Hi baby. I love you. I miss you. Thank you for the sign. I'm so glad you are with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment