Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I should be

I'm not sure why I'm here today.
I feel as though I'm waiting today.  Or maybe sad.  Or tired (always tired even when I get decent sleep.  I mean she slept 6 straight hours the other night twice in a row but still I was so tired when the sun rose). Or maybe I'm troubled.  Pregnancy hormones attempting to return to normal leave a sort of deep emptiness.  I have her, my Evie, and she's healthy, and ok, and I'm thankful.  But somehow I'm still sad.  And anxious and short tempered. I can't explain why.  I know that I should be happy.  I have a beautiful family and a healthy little girl to hold.  Yet I look at her sometimes and cry.  She doesn't fuss and only cries when she's hungry or wants to cuddle.  She's easy. And beautiful. And healthy. So why am I sad?  Why am I waiting as if for something to happen?  Why do I have anxiety about things happening?  I'm afraid to put her to bed in her crib--- what if I don't hear her?  Or what if she leaves me in her sleep?  I'm afraid to leave her with a babysitter (even people I trust totally). I'm afraid to take a shower while Evie sleeps and G watches TV, I think of things that could happen while I'm in there (from one of them choking to a stranger coming in the front door and taking them) though I know most of the scenarios are so unrealistic, but what if? I find my patience to be much shorter.  Two times of saying something, anything, is one times too many and I get irritated.  I can hear how quick I am to be snippy but it's always too late to take back the harsh retort.  It's not all day nor all the time but it's often. 

I just feel off.  Off and sad and anxious and tired.  And I see all the things I missed with Gabbie and I feel robbed. I should be okay with that for now I know what I have. Shouldn't I be?  But I'm not okay with that. At all. What's wrong with me?  I feel like a zombie just going about the business of living; it's a business of breathing, eating, sleeping, and hopefully taking care of my family existence with a smattering of life mixed in. But I cannot remember the last time I really (and I mean really) looked forward to something with excitement and child-like anticipation. Nor do I think I even remember how to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment