Saturday, August 25, 2012

Four months and every day again


How have four months gone already? Her fourth month in heaven.  Her fourth month in the urn.  A fourth month of heartache…


When Butterflies Leave
She was carried from me by angel wings
I send love on the flutters of butterflies. 
Someday the butterflies will go away,
Like she did,
And I’ll be left to look for her, for them.


The Colors of All Three
My daughters are beautiful, all three. 
The middle one is the color yellow, bright and cheery like the sun,
Vibrant sunflowers in a field of green,
Beach balls bobbing in the sand.
The eldest is the color pink, soft and sweet like cotton candy,
A warm sweater on a snowy day,
Glossy lips smiling sweet,
rosy cheeks of laughter.
The youngest is the color of endless blue, of nowhere and everywhere
The seaside horizon,
The cloudless sky,
A butterfly fluttering softly by,
And the whisper of angel wings,
She’s gone forever and every day again.
My daughters are beautiful, all three.

2 comments:

  1. I have been walking around numb for a few months now. I know tears should be falling from my eyes, but I just go about the daily tasks of life with little to no emotion. "When Butterflies Leave" made me cry tonight for a long time. I needed to cry. Thank you for writing this blog and writing the words we are all thinking. << hugs >>

    ReplyDelete
  2. D--- I am sorry, so very sorry for your pain. I wish I could take it all away, for all of us. I am glad (if that were the correct word) that my blog helps someone. I am glad that we don't have to feel so very alone with our grief. I am always here to talk... always. <3

    ReplyDelete