Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spiritual residue from earthquake aftershocks

The house is empty, locked and waiting for someone else to call it home.  After the exhaustion of moving has knocked me totally unaware for two nights I now am awake again listening to the sounds of sleeping and ticking clocks.  The darkness always makes the mystical press on my imagination.  I wonder if a house gives off an impression of the spirits that have resided within it.  If a house was filled with love for most of its existence would it exude that to newcomers who walk within it? Do you think that if it recently wrapped around so much sadness if some of that energy has left a residual effect that can be felt by others? I wonder things like that.  If it is so then the people buying our house got more than they paid for.  I wonder if in the darkness, when the world slows down and there are fewer distractions, if Gabbie is more aware of my thoughts for her.  I wonder if she knows that I am staring into the shadows thinking of her. 
We are staying at my in-laws house now livng out of boxes.  Thank goodness for this because although it isn't perfect, at least it isn't the trailer.  I can't help but think though, how different and more complex life would be to stay here with an infant too.  I will not dwell on the "should've beens" they are far too painful.  Losing a baby is most assuredly as devestating to one's psyche as an earthquake is to a city. However, the aftershocks of losing a baby are like a terrible cut that has just begun to heal and it still aches and itches terribly.  Sometimes you just have to itch it and it breaks open a little, bleeds some and hurts all over again.  This is most definitely going to leave an ugly scar and a rift that surely will never fully heal.  At least no one is awake to see the bleeding scar and even if they were the darkness hides it.  Hopefully my spirit doesn't exude a residue of sadness that could give me away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment